Saturday, January 23, 2010

Jungle List

Sorry I forgot to post yesterday. I was busy downloading movies off the internet. I watched "Paranormal Activity" last night before bed. There were some scenes that totally creeped me out so I enjoyed it. (I LOVE scary movies). I will try really hard to not slack too hard and make 2 posts today since I have the day off.

I can't believe I have already been here for two weeks. The weather keeps getting hotter and hotter. This week is supposed to be 36°C (that's 96.8°F for all you americans who use incorrect units of measure for everything) and its just going to keep getting worse. Everybody is saying that this April is going to be brutal. I hope I don't wilt. Here is a list I made for you.

Things I Love About the Jungle

  1. getting up before sunrise, hiking in the pitch blackness, and watching the forest wake up
  2. seeing some kind of cool critter every single day (yesterday I saw an armadillo and a hummingbird!)
  3. finding amazing old trees
  4. looking around and noticing that you are surrounded by monkeys - some close enough to touch!
  5. coming home after a 13 hour day and having an ice cold shower


Things I Hate About the Jungle

  1. walking face first through a spiderweb
  2. walking through tall grass and coming out with your pants covered in ticks. blech.
  3. vines that tangle around your feet and make you fall flat on your face (possibly into grass filled with ticks. blech)
  4. having to trash data because the monkeys went through crappy forest and I couldn't keep up with them.
  5. sore feet. and ant bites. (or sore feet with ant bites. that's the worst!!)


Thanks for reading!!
<3 Dayna

1 comment:

  1. Our units of measurement are extremely weird, but normal if thats what you grow up with your whole life... (who the hell came up with a "foot")

    Bring me home a pet armadillo >.<

    I want to have one of those mile wide trees in my backyard when i get a house :P

    What's not to love about a facefull of spiderweb?

    Word of the day: Stistan

    ReplyDelete