Saturday, January 9, 2010

Nom!

Just a quick note while I am on my lunch break. Monkeyschool is great so far - i'll talk more about that later.

I got up bright and early so we could head out at 6:15am. I poured myself some cereal and sat down to eat it. As I was eating, I saw one of the tiny ants crawling along the rim of my bowl. I thought nothing of it cause they are literally everywhere.

Then I saw another in my cereal bowl. hmm. I turned on the light and checked the bag which I thought i had sealed pretty well - and mixed in with the cereal was a swarm of ants. I promptly threw out the entire bag as well as the bowl I had already half finished and proceeded to eat a fruit cup.
I don't even care about eating ants for breakfast - but now I only have one other box of cereal to last me for the next week and a half.

Note to self: Next grocery store trip make sure to buy ziplock bags. lots of them.

UPDATE: So i'm home from the field now. This afternoon I got bit by an acacia ant. The nasty little thing was probably mad that I ate so many of its cousins. It made a bruise on my arm.

2 comments:

  1. I think ants are high in protein, so that's a good thing...

    I wouldn't last more than 5 minutes down there. I'm glad you're having fun.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dayna;

    So sad to hear your feet are aching! We love reading about your daily adventures. Miss you and love you!
    Mom & Dad xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete