Saturday, January 23, 2010

iguana corral



I took this photo at the entrance to the monument park in Santa Rosa. The park is really pretty - the trees here are huge and awesome and there are some really nice spots for people to have picnics. Its funny when we come stomping out of the woods in our field gear surrounded by a herd of monkeys - the tourists stop and stare. Straight ahead in the photo, you can see a stone fence. I call this area "the iguana corral" because there are like 10 giant lizards in there every time I go. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this park because it is really pretty and I like going there, but on one side of it grows this terrible grass that is full of burrs. When the monkeys go into that part of the forest, our legs get all stabbed and itchy and the burrs stick to our clothes. Thankfully, my monkey group doesn't go there as much as some of the other ones. As soon as I get better photos of my monkey group I will start to introduce you to them. I am already starting to learn their personalities and even have some favorites. :)

To finish off this post, here is a picture of one of the big ass lizards in the iguana corral.


*love and hugs*
Day

1 comment:

  1. That is a big ass lizard.

    (that's what she said)

    Looking forward to seeing the monkeys <3

    ReplyDelete