Thursday, January 21, 2010

random babblings

I'm pretty tired today so I don't really feel like writing a ton. Monkeyschool was good and the day went by fast. I got to put the monkeys to bed all myself for the first time (putting them to bed is when I stay at their sleeping tree with them until it gets dark. That way we can find them quickly in the morning). The hardest thing about putting them to bed was finding my way back home on the trails in the dark. I have a GPS though - so don't worry. It will get easier the more I become familiar with different areas of the forest too. Tomorrow I get to wake the monkeys up (at 5am. boo) and follow them all by myself for the whole day. I hope I do ok and don't lose them or screw up the data. Wish me luck!!

My feet are getting better, but they are still pretty hurtey. Wearing two pairs of socks seems to help and my awesome kickass parents (i love you guys) mailed me some gel insoles. I hope they arrive in the mail soon because I think they will be a great help.

I have a four day holiday coming up soon and I am trying to decide where to go. There's a place about 2 hours away called Monteverde (green mountain) that I would like to go and see. There's all kinds of cool things there like horseback riding, canopy tours, zip-lining, a frog museum, a butterfly sanctuary, and a serpentarium (even that word is cool)! It should keep me busy and will make for lots of good photos. I will be traveling by myself which is something new for me. I hope it is fun. My spanish is still pretty crap (even though I am learning new words every day) but this should force me to speak it a little bit more too. Obviously, I will blog all about it.

Anyway, im going to go relax before dinner. The other field assistant is making tostadas. I am going to eat twenty of them.

To finish off today's blog, here is a photo took the other day. Close to our apartment, there is a big stone monument for the war heroes of a big battle that was fought here years ago. The view on monument hill is amazing. you can see the whole jungle and the three volcanoes along the horizon. See for yourself.



<3 <3 <3
Dayna

2 comments:

  1. Putting the monkeys to bed sounds awesome, other than all the bugs and spiders and snakes that want to eat you.

    Zip lining... I would be too afraid, and probably die on the way down from a heart attack. But that place sounds awesome, and serpentarium is the most awesome word i've heard of in a while. And, how will you be getting there?

    I love that picture, and save me a tostada.

    <3

    Today's random word: Horbermo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only spanish I know is horrible insulting dirty spanish. And "around here, the fried chicken is plastic". /shrug

    I forgot to read your blog for a couple of days, hence the sudden flood of comments.

    p.s. Aqui, el pollo asado es plastico. Donde esta su pantalones? No tiene pescado, pero tiene un sombrero grande!

    ReplyDelete