Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Hellish Day

I had a pretty rough day today. Something is wrong with my hiking boots and standing for long periods of time is literally like torture. By as early as 9am the bottoms of my feet were killing me. The only way to make the pain subside temporarily was to keep walking. Sadly, when we are watching monkeys I can't just walk around all the time. So... agonizing pain for me all day long. yay. When I got home today, I was pretty worried about how to deal with this problem, but this kickass british girl who works on spider monkeys down the way said she has a pair of insoles that she can give me. Also, my parents are going to mail me a pair of squishy jelly insoles asap. If this doesn't work - it looks like I will need to buy new boots. Hopefully one of these solutions solves the pain problem because I don't care for pain. I can't even feel my blister because the other footy pain is so intense and constant. I am soaking my feets in a bucket of scalding water as I blog and this feels nice.

Anyway, more importantly i have kind of a cool story. I was going to post about monkeys today but I will save that tomorrow because I don't feel like editing photos (there are many cute photos, so be patient!). Today we got up at about 4:30am to wake up the monkeys. Waking up monkeys consists of getting up before sunrise and walking to the sleeping tree before the monkeys get up and start moving around. Its pretty cool sitting in the middle of a pitch black forest, waiting for the sun to rise. Anyway, on the way to the sleeping tree, the three of us were walking single-file along the trails. I had my headlamp on (cause it was pitch black) and as I was walking i kept looking down and seeing these strange little sparkles along the ground. They looked like tiny twinkling diamonds all around me. It was really cool. I took a closer look at one as I walked and it turns out that it was a spider! The light from my headlamp was reflecting off its big eyes and making it sparkle at me. It was probably the prettiest spider experience I will ever have.

Sparkle, sparkle
<3 Day

5 comments:

  1. I really hope the jelly feets help. I need some for my shooze too. You need to get one of those hot water foot bath/massager things.

    I would of tripped and fell, apparently onto millions of spiders, in the dark jungle.

    Now i keep thinking of the spider from that cracked article on australia. It fucking swims!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. that spider is what would happen if Bruce Willis built a spider and gave it to the devil as a present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spiders that glow in the dark eh? if i were a monkey i'd sleep in a tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whats with Cheteks and sore feet.

    ReplyDelete