Saturday, February 26, 2011

fire hands

Last week, the fruit man who comes to campus had hot peppers for sale. I was really excited because it is very hard to find chilies of any sort on the island, and as everybody knows - I like me my spicy food. The peppers look like tiny little red bell peppers, and the fruit man assured me that they are nice and hot. I bought 2 bags and froze half of them for future use.

Today, I decided to make some homemade salsa to go with the burrito I was having for dinner. I chopped up the tomatoes, onions, and peppers... added some cilantro, and bam! Salsa for my burrito. It was delicious, and by delicious I mean nice and spicy (I added chili sauce and hot pepper flakes to the rice in the burrito as well).

This evening after dinner, I decided to go to the gym. I ran for half an hour on the elliptical machine.. and now that I am back, my hands are on fire! I don't know what's with the delayed reaction, but the hand I used to hold the hot peppers as I sliced them is burning like crazy. Apparently I touched my face at some point too because the area under my nose is also burning. I need to keep those peppers away from my hands next time I cook with them. I guess I can use the magic bullet blender that I bought used for 50EC dollars on the SGU Post Website to make the salsa next time. That should work.

i'm going to go do a facial mud mask and see if that helps the fire skin. Then its time for more Histology.

1 comment:

  1. You are a true Chetek kid - loving the spice!!Sounds like you had a yummy meal, and now a good lesson learned about chili peppers... the smaller the size, the more kick it has. Good luck on you exam tomorrow. By the way, if you're interested, it's snowing and blowing a lot today and will continue to be freezing for a few more weeks. :-( More shoveling on the horizon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete