Thursday, February 3, 2011

thing i found

I was walking by the pond outside the other day, and I saw this busted up seashell sitting beside the road. I have no idea how it got there, but I picked it up and brought it inside because I thought it might make a decent bookend. It was covered in dust, so I decided to clean it up. While I was rinsing it off in the sink, a little wasp flew out and landed on my face. I squished it before it could sting me.

Now that the shell is dirt and wasp free, it is perfect. Below is a photo of my bookshelf. The heavy books no longer fall over and everything is nice and neat (unlike my desk). The shell adds a touch of caribbean flavour to my cement bunker of a room as well, don't you think? My friends laughed at me for picking it up off the road, but now they are jealous of my cool island style. hehe.




1 comment:

  1. Keep being your own cool self, Dayna. It's working for you. That shell is a keeper. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete