Tuesday, April 20, 2010

nom nom nom. ticks!

Yesterday I spent the day with the Guanacaste monkeys. It was again really hot and humid and the monkeys were lazy. They spent the entire day resting; sometimes too high in the trees for me to see them, and sometimes down on the ground with me. While they were down on the ground, I was hangin' out with the juveniles. One of them came right up to me and perched on a vine that was hanging near my shoulder. I looked over at him and he reached over to touch me. I stayed very still so I wouldn't scare him and he slowly put his hand on my shoulder, picked off a tick that was crawling on me (that I didn't notice), and ate it. I'm pretty sure this means I am one of the family now.

<3 Day

P.S. Tomorrow is the start of my vacation! I can't even explain how excited I am.

1 comment: