Tuesday, February 2, 2010

fire-mouth

So dinner last night was great. The food and wine were sooo tasty and it was great to have new people at the dorm for the evening. The other PHD student's dad brought his wife as well as his brother, and his brother's wife along with him for the trip. The four of them took such good care of us - they brought the feast, cooked it, cleaned up, and then just like that - they were gone. It was such a treat to have them around.

Also, I realized what a small fricken world it is with their visit. It turns out that the dad's brother has worked with my Uncle Dave for something like 40 years. wtf? I come all the way out to the jungle and meet somebody that not only comes from the city I grew up in, but knows the family that I spent my whole childhood growing up with (Atkinsons - this means you guys). We were all pretty flabbergasted when we found this out. We laughed and all took photos together, and then they hugged me when it was time to go. :D

In other news, this is my new favorite thing:
1x tomato
1x onion
1/2 a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce

- blend in the blender.
- eat with tortilla chips.

it is sooo good. be careful though - the heat from the chipotle peppers starts off sweet and then sneaks up on you. I ate too many too quick and nearly burnt my face off. (And I can take a lot of hot). Its soooo good!

ok that's it for now!!
<3 Day

p.s. I walked for 2 days straight and didn't find my monkey group. boo.

1 comment:

  1. i cant do hot food or i would try :(

    but it sounds yummy

    Its so weird, hiding in a jungle and you run across people you know, small world :)


    Word: fluchag...

    ReplyDelete