Sunday, April 17, 2011

sunday update

- Hashing was fantastic! It was the most difficult one yet with huge hills to climb, lots of forest paths to run, and rocky riverbeds to walk along. I had a great time and slept for 12 hours last night because I was so tired out. I will post the photos tomorrow.

- The entirety of today has been spent studying for a histology quiz tomorrow. This is the last histology quiz before the final exam, and I can honestly say that I will be happy to never have to take a histology course again in my entire life. This week also has a physiology exam on Thursday (the date got bumped back), and an after school lecture about helping clients deal with grief (something I need to learn a great deal about).

- This week, the AVMA will also be on campus doing their final site visit for vet school accreditation. We all need to be on our best behaviour and prove to the officials that our school deserves to be accredited. If they decide to give it to us, I will have one less exam to write before I can practice as a vet in Canada (or the USA). Also, did I mention that this exam is 5 days long and costs $6000 to write? I really hope that we get accredited. We will find out in September. *fingers crossed*

- Next Thursday, the Student's Union is having their "Unity Ball" to celebrate the end of term that is drawing near. It is a formal even that is held in the city of St. George's at a club called Karma. Its a pretty nice venue, but I haven't decided if I will attend or not yet. We'll see.

- Next Friday is a holiday from school. A bunch of my friends are planning a trip to this mountain waterfall called "7 Sisters" for a guy in my class' birthday. It is supposed to be a pretty intense hike, with 7 waterfalls for jumping and swimming. Apparently there are wild mona monkeys there too. Obviously I will be going to that. I can't wait.

- Saturday the Exotics and Wildlife Society is having a wale watching boat event. It is from 9am-1pm and it costs $60 dollars. I have never seen wild wales or dolphins before so I am strongly considering going to that. Next Saturday's hash is also at a really cool rum factory on the northern tip of the island so I obviously want to do that too. I hope the timing works out so I can do both. We'll see.

- After all the fun on the weekend, Sunday will mark the beginning of the end. Time to start studying like crazy and preparing for final exams. Then, before I know it, May 17th will be here and i'll be on my way back to Canada! Can't wait! that's it for now. Back to histology.

No comments:

Post a Comment