Tuesday, May 4, 2010

praystation

Every time we drive from Santa Rosa to Liberia, we pass this strange structure that I have always been curious about. So, while my sweetheart and I were on vacation, we stopped stopped the car and and checked it out. So it turns out that this little building is some sort of roadside pray-station. At least that's what I think. There's a little tiny mary statue inside. I know that central america is uber christian, but this thing is literally in the middle of nowhere! I don't get it! Are people so eager to praise jeebus that they need to stop the car on the side of the highway? I would think that maybe something important happened in this spot - except there is no writing or signage anywhere. Its just so random!

Well, we didn't pray but I did take some photos which turned out kinda neat.







1 comment:

  1. Maybe there was a car accident there and someone passed away.

    ReplyDelete