Saturday, May 8, 2010

bleh

Today was a terrible monkey day. Boo.
  • the monkeys traveled all day long and I didn't get to sit down for more than 5 minutes all day.

  • We were expecting to find new babies today but it looks like Luna's baby died. She is no longer pregnant and her baby was not on her back. poor little baby

  • at the end of the day, i had 4 bees fly into my hair - one after another. I squished them and pulled them out - along with a whole bunch of my hair. Losing hair makes me feel stressy. :(

  • the monkeys stayed in the middle of nowhere until about 10 minutes to sundown. Then they started running at top speed through the forest in no particular direction. Usually they are all in their sleep tree by 6pm. Today, they were still in the middle of nowhere at 6:20 - and it was so dark outside by that time that I lost them. now I don't know where to go to find them tomorrow morning.

  • to top it all off, after I lost the monkeys - I had to walk through really crappy forest for a while until I got back to the trails. In complete darkness. I ended up bumping into a few acacia trees - a species which is home to really aggressive and bitey ants. I got bit on my shoulder a few times.

  • when I finally got home - an hour later than usual, i sat down to eat my (now cold) dinner and found a giant junebug in my potatoes. lost my appetite.


I hope tomorrow goes better.
Day

No comments:

Post a Comment